- LINE PRODUCER - The producer responsible for keeping the director on time and budget; generally the most visible producer actually on the set.
- LONG SHOT (LS) - A camera shot which captures the performer’s full body.
- LOOPING - An in-studio technique used to fix dialogue already performed during principal photography by matching voice to picture.
Film Terms Glossary –San Antonio Film Academy
- Lamp: A reference to the bulb inside a lighting unit, but may sometimes be used to refer to the entire lighting unit.
- Latitude: The range between overexposure and underexposure in which a shot will still produce usable images.
- Lavalier Mic: A small microphone that can be easily hidden on a piece of clothing so as not to be seen by the camera.
- Lowkey: A high contrast lighting style with lost of shadows and large areas of darkness.